AIR Darwin is a not-for-profit community group for the over 50’s who are, or who are planning to be fully or part self-funded in retirement.
AIR Darwin is a Branch member of the Association of Independent Retirees (AIR) – a national body which has more than 4000 members across 47 branches throughout Australia. Go to www.independentretirees.com/ for more information.
AIR Darwin was established locally in 2015. We aim to assist fully or part self-funded retirees (and those planning their retirement) to enjoy the benefits of living in the Territory while ensuring our unique needs are met.
We do this through:
- Membership of advisory groups such as the NT Minister’s Advisory Council for Senior Territorians, Expert Reference Group on the NT Pensioners and Carers Concession Scheme and the Independent Seniors Round Table;
- Examining the impact of policies at the Territory level and sharing our voice on National advocacy issues.
- Presenting senior Territorians with information on all matters pertaining to retirement; and
- Cooperating and collaborating with other organisations with objectives consistent with those of AIR.
In 2017 AIR Darwin was particularly involved in advocacy on the NT Pensioners and Carers Concession Scheme and this has continued throughout 2018.
Follow this link to the President, Graeme Bevis's Annual Report for 2017/18.
For information on our position, comments and articles by following these links:
- Media Releases
- Articles to generate comment and feedback